We’re holding open auditions for
My Pet Human
Written by Leah Pellinkhof. Directed by Julie Bray
Audition time & date
Thursday 31 May, 6:30 – 9:30pm
Call back: Sunday 3 June, 2:00 – 4:00pm
Young people audition
Sunday 3 June, 1:00 – 2:00pm
How to register for Auditions:
- Download the Audition pack PDF for character descriptions, rehearsal schedule and important information about auditioning.
- Fill out the Audition registration form with your details to register.
- Prepare an audition piece. Adults – comedic monologue 1-2 minutes. Young people – a short poem or monologue.
A heart-warming comedy about
people dogs and their pet dogs humans.
When Ben finds a lost clueless Staffy Pup, Bow, his world is turned upside down when he encounters an extraordinary bunch of Canine lovers. With their assistance Ben grows to understand the special bond between humans and their pet dogs.
When Bow finds a lost naive Uni student Ben, his world is turned upside down when he encounters a pack of weird and wonderful people-loving pooches. With their help, Bow grows to appreciate the special bond between dogs and their pet humans.
Each actor except one plays two roles and should be prepared to physically act as a dog ie on all fours and taking on dog characteristics.
ACTOR 1 – Male (approx 20s)
BEN – A shy young man in his 20s.
BOW – His new clueless young Staffy.
ACTOR 2 – Female (approx 20s)
GEMMA – A want-to-be actress in her 20s
GIDDI – Her over enthusiastic Yorky
ACTOR 3 – Female (approx 30s)
LYDIA – A stuck up French woman in her 30s
LADY – Her stuck-up French poodle
ACTOR 4 – Female (40-70s)
GLORIA – A middle aged woman
GREY – Her sick old labrador
ACTOR 5 – Male (30-40s)
RODGE – A Sleazy Guy in his 30s
RIFF – His Sleazy British Bulldog
ACTOR 6 – Male (50-70s)
ALFRED – A know-it-all middle aged man
AUGGIE – His know-it-all Bloodhound
ACTOR 7 – Female (30-40s)
IDA – A Lovely lady
IZABELLA – Her Lovely little pug dog
ACTOR 8 – Male/Female (child/teen)
SONNY – A Pug-Doberman mix puppy
Important information for actors
Rehearsals: Mon & Thurs nights (6:30-9:30pm), Sundays (usually 1-4pm, some evenings)
Show Dates: August 17, 18, 24, 25, 26, 31, September 1 (maybe 7, 8 TBA)
If you are cast, it is expected of you to:
- Become a financial member of Growl Theatre. This covers insurance for our members.
- Commit fully to performances
- Attend the vast majority (if not all) rehearsals and arrive on time (usual times 6:30-9:30pm)
- Pitch in for all aspects of the production. As a community group, we sometimes ask our actors to help source props, costuming and help clean and tidy the hall.
Please sign up to our mailing list to be kept up to date with happenings at Growl.