How to get involved
Growl has lots of opportunities to be involved! As a community theatre group, we rely on our members to help out in all aspects of putting on a show.
Currently, we are looking for talented people to help with:
- Photography and video editing (for marketing/promotion of shows)
- Hair and/or makeup
- Costume/sewing skills
- A resourceful person at finding/making props
- Set construction
- Front of house/usher at shows
Hopefully that gives you the idea. We have no shortage of wonderful people to act in our plays, but the jobs behind the scenes are essential to keeping the place running.
- Rehearsals are: Monday and Thursday evenings 6:30-9:30pm, and Sundays 1-4pm
- Performances are: Friday and Saturday nights and Sunday afternoons, and run over 3 consecutive weekends.
- Cast involvement: Rehearsal period usually runs for about 8 weeks, and usually 7 performances over 3 consecutive weekends. See days/times above.
- Crew involvement (stage crew, lighting/sound crew): Attend all tech/dress rehearsals in the 2 weeks before show, plus performances (7 shows over 3 weekends).
- Front of House involvement (Door, usher, bar): Attend FOH Working bee (Sunday before show starts), plus be able to volunteer for some/most performances. Starting at 6pm, or 12:30pm for matinee show.
If you’re a reliable, agreeable person, who wants to join a friendly group of people please email to get in touch, or even better – come and see a show and meet us in person!